Elementary school administrators are invited to consider Kiwanis Terrific Kids certificates as part of the awards and recognition program for the campus they serve. Use of these certificates has shown to be an effective way to promote good citizenship and to support acceptable social behavior. Presentation of the certificates is offered at no cost to the school and can be done in a manner which will best suites the campus situation.
Here is how the program might work for you:
- Allen Kiwanis Club typically will furnish 150 certificates for the current school year at no cost. If you have in place a program that requires more certificates per year, we are open to discussing the details of what you have in mind. We’ll help you get there!
- Student recipients are selected according to local campus criteria, frequently a boy and a girl per class. Some campuses choose to award certificates only to selected grade levels.
- Timing of presentations can vary as some choose to schedule a presentation for each grade reporting period, some each semester, and some annually at year’s end.
- You are free to choose the setting for presentation: in the classroom by the teacher, at a grade level gathering, or at an all-school assembly with parents in attendance.
- Preparation of the certificates is optional in that the task can be accomplished by your office staff or by a Kiwanis representative.
- With advanced notice, a Kiwanis representative can be scheduled to participate during the awards ceremony.
For more information, contact David Olson at 972.727.2728 or at email@example.com. There are some accessories to this program that are available for purchase from Kiwanis International.